Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012

Baking Sunday #2



Baking Sunday #2:
Tartelettes

... or the tale of an optical & textural failure ...


When I found those cute tartelette baking moulds at Tchibo,
I just couldn't resist purchasing them ...



And they had to be tried out right away !



You'll need for the crust: (for 2 tartelettes)
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • 42 g of flour
  • 21 g softened butter
  • 21 g of confectioner's sugar
  • 1 tablespoon (or basically as much as you want to add) poppyseed
  • 1 egg
(actually you don't need a whole one, but the problem is rather: how to part a raw egg in ½ ? haha ...)
  • a pinch of ground lemon zest
  • a pinch of salt


You'll need for the topping:

  • 200 g sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon yoghurt
  • confectioner's sugar (enough to make your cream stay stiff)
  • 1/3 glass of lemon juice
  • 2-3 tablespoons of vanilla custard
  • 4 big strawberries, cubed


...


Add water to the egg in a bowl and mix shortly .

Now mix the egg with flour, poppyseed, butter, sugar, lemon zest & salt.
Let the dough rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Later grease the pans thoroughly & fill in the dough.

Put into preheated oven (on 170°C) & let bake for 15-20 minutes.

On to the topping !
Mix sour cream, yoghurt, sugar & lemon juice together.

To make the vanilla custard, heat (here only a little) milk on the stove & prepare the custard according to the instructions on the package. Make sure to let it it cool off before further use.

So after ~20 minutes the tartelettes were all baked !

As the dough started to rise when they were in the oven, I took a fork & pinched in some holes. Usually you weigh down the dough with pebbles or beans, but I have none.

Furthermore the sides started to run down & no matter how desperately I tried to fix them, nothing helped.

Therefore my tartelettes only had a very small & thin rim, which made it hard to fill in the topping, because it kept running out all over the place ... (._.)/


Strawberries for the topping ! :D

Somehow my cream didn't get creamy at all & remained all runny :(

So in all my despair (I had to take these tartelettes with me to a party), I decided to mix in a bit of boiled Agar Agar - usually fastening EVERYTHING and you don't taste it at all (AND it is much healthier than Gelatine!)

But oh well - this time not even Agar Agar managed to fix my cream.
So I just tried my best to fill as much as possible it in the tartelettes & decorated them with strawberries.

Tadaaaaaah~


But: I have to say they were tremendously delicious &
were very well recieved by everyone !

Yum Yum.

...

Afterwards - it's just always afterwards that we do so - I realized what I had done wrong !

A problem I often have when I'm in a hurry to finish things - not reading close enough !
And so I managed to miss an important step when making the vanilla custard & therefore it didn't turn into anything creamy ...


I'm definitely going to give them another try soon.
And then with reading instructions properly hahah ... ;D

...

That's it again !


Thank you for reading.



emily.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen