Sonntag, 26. April 2015

Music and I

Hello there! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

I've been wanting to write a little more about one of my biggest passions on this blog: music!

As some of you might know, I'm generally a metalhead with a preference for symphonic and melodic metal, but also a liking for death metal ;)
Classical music is also one of my favourite styles of music. Other than that I also listen to a whole bunch of more music, stylistically spreading all over jazz, medieval, pop and a bit of electronics like industrial.

In general I always give music a chance, but at the same time I think I'm quite a critical listener. What makes or breaks a band for me in 90% of the cases is if the singer is good or not. That way of listening to music might of course occur because I'm a singer myself or because of my pickiness with voices xD

I've been part of multiple bands and projects and am really thankful for all the great opportunities I've had so far.

My most active one at the moment is Daedric Tales, an Elder Scrolls themed symphonic metal band.




I'm forever grateful that by coincidence (or fate? who knows?) I found wonderful people to be friends with and enjoy making music at the same time.
Daedric is more than just a band to me. The members are people very dear to me, they support and encourage me constantly to keep on evolving as a musician as well as a person.

We're currently working on new songs and also had a photoshoot two weeks ago :)
It took place at the Myrafälle waterfalls in Lower Austria. Such beautiful waterfalls! The photos turned out really well, I'm really excited to share them soon!



Of course the Daedrics are a whole bunch of derps - they couldn't enter the forest without seizing the opportunity to poke each other with wooden sticks xD'

Our keyboarder Gonzalo is responsible for all of our orchestrations and plays the keyboard; he's also a really gifted composer and arranger. He has completed an education as an audio engineer and is working on polishing and expanding his skills constantly.
Gonzalo is the most dedicated person I know. When he is really into the piece he is working on, he is working through day and night, with barely no sleep at all.

I've been able to be part of many of his projects as a vocalist. The most recent one I'd like to present here too!
He took part in the 'Élan cover contest' of Nightwish and I did the vocals for it!


It was so much fun and I quite like the outcome! (´ェ`*)

Btw Gonzalo has his own YT channel where he uploads vlogs about his projects and the finished pieces! Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/user/GonzaloKeysOfficial

That's all for today, thank you for reading!
 Soon I'd like to write about (relatively) new releases which I have really enjoyed listening to!


Have a good night everyone! <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen