Dienstag, 30. August 2016

Onto new adventures

Hello there!

So right now I am writing this post from Amsterdam airport...
I have been thinking about sharing this earlier, but haven't come around to it until now -
I am about to undertake the probably greatest adventure of my life so far...

I am moving to Bergen, Norway.


Yes, you read correctly.
It still doesn't feel real and it is "only" for a duration of 5 months, but still it's going to be very exciting! My study programme includes an obligatory practical semester and I wanted to go to Scandinavia, so I looked for a place there. To be honest I favoured Norway a bit, because I have a friend there - Hanne, who is very dear to me and I thought it would be a great opportunity to see her again after those couple of years that have passed since our last meeting.

I am so not prepared. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

Even though I started to pack already around  month ago I ended up being in a huge rush in the end.
Last night which was the night prior to my departure I didn't sleep at all and kept folding laundry, shifting the contents of my two suitcases, debating what to bring and what to leave behind... *sighs*

I really wish I could have taken more time with the intense preparation and packing phase, but during the last two weeks I was not only very busy with work, but also kind of reluctant to prepare. Honestly, a part of me didn't want to leave.

Ever since high school I've been longing to spend time abroad and now that it is actually happening I feel sort of scared. A really weird feeling - it feels like I'm sleep-walking through my own life. Also I feel very much like Kiki from the Ghibli movie 'Kiki's delivery service' - taking a plunge into the unknown, finding a new home and setting out to improve your skills.


Since I arrived in Amsterdam for my transit I luckily had a cup of coffee and feel more alive again.
It also helps that the internet here is pretty decent. I already discovered that I forgot some cables and that I packed a broken one. Also I'm a bit sad because I didn't pack too many lolita clothes because I was worried about the weight of my suitcases - yet one of them turned out to be very light and now I'm sort of grumpy that I didn't pack more. Silly, but yeah.

Also long story short - I had an apartment since June, but last week it turned out to be a scam and now I'm staying at a hostel and will try my best to find a room or an apartment this week. Totally typical that such crap has to happen to me; I seem to attract all the desastrous possibilities at once (●´・△・`)


Anyways I hope to document my adventures here on this blog and that the upcoming 5 months will be exciting and full of positive happenings and new friends ヽ( ・∀・)ノ

Until next time! Thank you for reading! ヽ(〃・ω・)ノ

Kommentare:

  1. Ich wünsch dir viel Spaß und Erfolg noch ein Zimmer zu finden!Echt ärgerlich so was, aber du wirst sicher was fündig :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wait what!!! You are moving to Bergen?? I though you where going on a vacation *o*
    Have lots of fun there, Norway is amazing! This is definitely a great experience, I'm pretty sure of that!

    AntwortenLöschen