Samstag, 15. Oktober 2016

Lolita Blog Carnival - Balancing Your Everyday Life With Your Frills

Hello, happy Friday and welcome to...

this week's Lolita Blog Carnival ヾ(。・ω・。)

Today the topic is about "Balancing Your Everyday Life With Your Frills"



For me it's kind of been the same ever since I joined college.
Over the last two and a half years I've had to commute to college at insanely early hours (usually getting up a between 4:40-5:30, depending on my courses).

So to be honest on such weekdays I'd just grudgingly roll out of bed into the shower, prepare my carry-on breakfast and carry-on teamug, feed the cats and off I'd go, to the train station. No make-up, no lolita fashion. I'd just wear comfy clothes most of the time, but it seems even my "normie" clothes are still not that unstylish - as I get frequent compliments on them from my lovely classmates (´。・v・。`)
Sometimes in case I had lectures starting later in the day I would wear lolita to college.

On Saturdays I'd wear lolita most of the time as my boss doesn't care what I wear as long as I do my job well, which is wonderful. And on Sundays? As Sunday would usually be my only day off I'd probably hang around at home in my sweatpants unless I'd have anything else planned.

Looking at a regular week of living the student life back in Vienna, my lolita fashion count would probably be around once a week ...


Living in Bergen now, things aren't that different. From Monday- Friday I'm in the lab every day, which is no place for frills. On the weekends I usually meet up with a friend and then I take the time to dress up. Also I have around 5 lolita pieces with me instead of my usual hoarder-wardrobe, so I guess it's kind of good that I only get to wear them out once a week or I'd get bored of them pretty quickly xD

Whenever I did get time off in the past and really craved lolita fashion I would wear it as frequently as every day. Generally I do wear lolita when I know I'll go out for instance to the theatre or for meeting friends, studying at the library or any other acitivity that doesn't involve sweating or smoke/alcohol/too many people.

I'm really happy to be part of this fashion, it makes me happy and cheers me up, no matter if I wear it only once a week or every day. And if I can't wear it at all I can still open up my wardrobe and drool all over the beautiful fabrics and prints and it will lift my spirits immediately (ノ*゜▽゜*)

So as I've spent time talking about them, here are two of my most recent outfits:



That's it!
Thank you so much for reading and have a nice weekend ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱


Other participants:






Kommentare:

  1. So pretty *___*
    Ich bewundere dich total dass du das mit dem Pendeln nach Krems so durchziehst. Mich hätte das glaub ich gekillt damals XD Ich habs schon gerade so geschafft aus dem Bett zu rollen und mich über den Campus zu den Vorlesungen zu schleifen *hüstel*
    Übrigens werde ich evtl mit einer Kollegin im März zum Life Science meeting kommen ^^ Vielleicht sehen wir uns dann dort? :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cute outfits, I love those colors! I usually only wear it about once a week, too, and I definitely agree about being able to open up the wardrobe just to enjoy the fabrics, even when it's not practical to wear them. :)

    AntwortenLöschen