Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017

2016 is over

Finally.

And I'm back to tell what I have been up to during the last months of 2016!



For a lot of people 2016 hasn't been the best year and neither has it been for me. I'm going to start the year's review with the bad stuff :



✘ Last semester most of my grades were pretty bad. We had lots of boring subjects and I couldn't bring myself to study properly for them which really bums me out.

✘ I got scammed on the internet as I was looking for a flat before I moved to Norway.

✘ When I thought things were already bad enough - they got worse. Subsequently I got my identity stolen by the people who had scammed me and they started scamming other people using my name and ID.

✘ I was really disappointed by the police in Bergen as they didn't really seem to want to help me out as the incident has not taken place in Norway although a Norwegian property was involved.

✘ All of these happenings made it really hard for me to enjoy Bergen when I first arrived as I felt like it had cost me so much drama to get here and it still wouldn't stop. I felt pretty depressed because of the whole situation and that's also why I haven't really been blogging during the last months of 2016.

✘ My anxiety has never been as bad as in 2016.


On a happier note - there were also lots of things that happened in 2016 that made me feel grateful and happy!

✔ I formed a jazz duo with my dear flatmate Mia, which we called 'Velvetree'. We had our first gig just a few days after we finished writing our first song and the response was overwhelming :)

✔ I recorded an EP and album with my band Daedric Tales!

✔ I got to travel to Prague, Amsterdam, Greece and Norway!

✔ In Norway I was able to make several new great friends with whom I want to stay in contact <3

✔ I was reunited with my friend Hanne and spent the Christmas holidays & new year with her amongst her family and friends.


What about lolita fashion?
I'm happy to say that I was able to attend to several fun meet-ups and events. The Austrian lolita gang attended the 'Under The Sea' event in Amsterdam, I also went to a 'Bring &Buy' event and a couple of regular meet-ups in Austria.

Also I was able to hunt down some lovely pieces and add them to my wardrobe :)


So I hope that the new year will bring more positivity with it!

What I truly want to be is an active and happy person and to work towards my goals.

I already know that 2017 won't be a laid-back year - there's lots to do! I'll hopefully finish my bachelor's degree back in Austria and apply for a master's degree. New plans regarding musical projects have already been made as well. And Daedric Tales are going on their first small tour!


I hope all of you had an energetic start into 2017!
Good luck and a very belated Happy New Year ヽ( ・∀・)ノ





Kommentare:

  1. So sorry to hear about your down side of 2016 that is pretty intense!
    I didn't know you where in a band and a Jazz duo! How cool is that :D I hope 2017 will be an awesome year for you with some great results for your bachelor's degree <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for your kind words! It was pretty crazy indeed. I'm really happy to surround myself with music as much as I can! For the jazz duo we wear lolita fashion on stage :D I hope your 2017 will be a great one too!

      Löschen
  2. Goodness, I'm sorry that you got scammed like that. That must have been an awful, stressful experience and I'm not surprised you couldn't enjoy Bergen with that putting a dampener on things. My anxiety was pretty bad in 2016, too, so I know how much that can affect things negatively.

    It's great you managed to do so many cool things, though! It's great that you're so immersed in music! You must be so proud of the response to that gig and to have completed an EP! Well done, and I hope 2017 will bring you lots more success! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It really was difficult when I arrived here, but after some time I found wonderful friends whom I wouldn't have met if things hadn't happened the way they have - so somehow I feel that all things good or bad are connected to each other.

      I'm always surprised how much I get done after all. I continuously feel that I'm just held back (by my self-doubt/anxiety) but sometimes I manage to break out of it and ta-dah - good stuff happens :)

      Thanks for your heartfelt comment - I hope you will have an amazing year as well! <3

      Löschen